SMP Law – What if Your Child No Longer Wants a Relationship with You?


Can You Have a Relationship with Your Child if They Claim to Not Want a Relationship with You Anymore?


It is a very emotional and sad situation when a parent and child have a breakdown in their relationship. This can be due to many different causes and this post is not necessarily about those causes but rather to provide you with suggestions if that breakdown occurs.


Repairing and resuming a relationship with a child who no longer wants contact with you can be very difficult. What is needed is a well thought out plan by a therapist, which may include a qualified reunification therapist.


A specific plan can address the current issues and assist with the healing and repairing of the relationship. See our post on choosing a reunification therapist at Parental Alienation Series – Part 2 for further suggestions on reunification therapy.


Please feel free to explore SMP Law reviews from clients at Google ReviewsLawyerratingz, and Facebook.


Contact us anytime at SMP Law to help SiMPlify your legal matter at 905-565-9494 or email if you have any questions or would like to book an appointment to meet and discuss your situation and how we can help.


Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Instagram!